KADAGA: I will take on Oulanyah in parliament on Monday

 

FILE PHOTO: President Museveni presides over the swearing in of the Speaker in 2016. Kadaga will defy the party and run for Speakership on Monday

✳ NRM CHOICE FOR SPEAKER Jacob Oulanyah
✳ NRM CHOICE FOR DEPUTY SPEAKER Anita Among

Kampala, Uganda | THE INDEPENDENT | Hours after the NRM party CEC and MPs caucus voted Jacob Oulanyah as their flag bearer in the race for Speaker in the 11th Parliament, Rebecca Kadaga announced she will contest Monday as an Independent.

“Fellow Ugandans, I have come to inform the people of Uganda that my party has opted not to give me the party flag for Speaker of Parliament. I have therefore decided to run as an independent,” she told a press briefing.

“During the CEC elections, there was intimidation and massive funding from some party members against me. I’m being pushed out because of speaking about issues concerning ordinary Ugandans,” she told the press.

Meanwhile, the NRM party choice for Deputy Speakership candidate is Anita Among.

The post KADAGA: I will take on Oulanyah in parliament on Monday appeared first on The Independent Uganda:.



from The Independent Uganda: https://ift.tt/3fcQCXR

Post a Comment

0 Comments